We have been distributing newsletters to 10,000+ local residents of Trent Park to keep the community updated as we progress through the planning and consultation process.
To view our previous Trent Park newsletters please download the below PDF's:
Community Benefits Update
• Mansion House Museum, Cafe and Events space - Our proposals for public access now include all three enfilade rooms on the ground floor, additional space in the basement and the rear and east terrace equating to a GIA of 10,554 sqft (980 sqm).
• Tennis Courts - We propose to restore the six tennis courts to the west of the site and return a number of these to public use.
• Orangery Swimming Pool - We intend to open the swimming pool for public use at set times throughout the year.
• Enfield Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service - We plan to undertake improvement works to their Trent Park centre facilities, including a new educational structure.
• Southgate Hockey Club - Currently in discussion as to how best we can improve their parking facilities.
• The site has historical significance and as such we have been undertaking comprehensive historical research. We have met with a number of experts to fully understand the sites detailed history which dates back over 1,000 years. We are currently archiving and digitising all historic files uncovered.
• We are working with Historic England and other key stakeholders to remove the Mansion House from the Buildings at Risk register, significant protection works have been undertaken on the Listed Buildings.
• A temporary landscape management plan has been implemented which includes maintenance to at risk and ecologically sensitive areas.
• Works have taken place to improve the condition and appearance of Snakes Lane, including clearing leaves from the road, cleaning drains and fixing the street lights.
On Site Sponsored Walks
• We are pleased to announce that we are sponsoring both Black Rainbow Events and Age Enfield who run a number of free guided walks and tours in Trent Country Park.
On Site Noticeboard
• We have erected a noticeboard on site by the daffodil lawn to help keep you informed, a second noticeboard is soon to follow.
Site Security Works
• Installation of CCTV, fire and intruder alarms to the Mansion House, Orangery and Stable Block have been implemented to protect the heritage assets.
• Protection works have been installed around the statues and significant fireplaces to prevent further damage or theft.